TOWN OF LOOMIS ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS CATALOG – SB 272
Approved by California Governor Jerry Brown on October 11, 2015, Senate Bill 272 adds a section to the California Public Records Act requiring state and most local government agencies to create a catalog of Enterprise Systems with annual updates. “Enterprise system” means a software application or computer system that collects, stores, exchanges, and analyzes information that the agency uses that is both of the following: a multi-departmental system or a system that contains information collected about the public; or a system that serves as a ‘system of record’ or an original source of data within an agency.
1. The catalog shall disclose a list of the enterprise systems utilized by the agency and, for each system, shall also disclose all of the following:
- Current system vendor
- Current system product
- System’s purpose
- Description of categories or types of data
- Department that is the prime custodian of the data
- Frequency that system data is collected
- Frequency that system data is updated
2 To make the catalog publicly available upon request.
3. To post the catalog in a prominent location on the agency’s website
For the full text of the bill go to: