2022 California Building Standards Code (California Code of Regulations, Title 24):
- California Building Code (CBC), Part 2, Volumes 1 and 2
- California Residential Code (CRC), Part 2.5, including:
- Appendices H, K & Q
- California Electrical Code of the California Code (CEC), Part 3
- California Mechanical Code (CMC), Part 4
- Appendices F & G
- California Plumbing Code (CPC), Part 5
- Appendices A, B, C, D, I, J, K
- California Energy Code (CEC), Part 6.
- California Historical Building Code (CHBC). Part 8.
- California Fire Code (CFC), Part 9
- California Existing Building Code (CEBC), Part 10.
- California Green Building Standards Code (CGBSC), Part 11.
- California Reference Standards Code
- Town of Loomis Reconstruction Limits
- 2021 International Property Maintenance Code
Ground Snow Load - Zero
CBC Basic Wind Speeds: 88 mph for Risk Category I; 95 mph for Risk Category II; 101 mph for Risk Category III; and 105 mph for Risk Category IV. CRC ultimate wind speed = 110 mph Exposure Category – C, unless site complies with exposure B
1 ½” per hour (100-year, 1-Hour Rainfall)
Unless otherwise justified by analysis, all buildings and non-building structures within the Town limits are assigned to Seismic Design Category (SDC) D, except as follows:
- SDC C is allowed for residential buildings permitted and constructed under the CRC.
- SDC C is allowed for low-rise, wood-framed buildings permitted and constructed in accordance with the prescriptive (non-engineered) Conventional Light-Framed Construction provisions of CBC 2308.
Soil Site Class D shall be assumed for all sites per CBC 1613.2.2 unless otherwise justified by a registered design professional and/or geotechnical report.
SOIL BEARING PRESSURE
Allowable Foundation - 1500 psf without a Soils Report
Allowable Lateral – 100 psf/ft without a Soils Report
2016 CPC Chapter 4, Table 422.1, Table A, Table 4-2, Table 4-3 & Table 4-4.