The Public Works Department plays a vital role in providing a myriad of Town services to promote quality of life for the Town of Loomis. Our goal is to implement efficient and cost effective services to preserve and enhance our Town streets and bike paths, as well as promote sustainable programs to preserve our environment.
Responsibilities and services provided by the Public Works Department:
- Maintain the existing streets including the paving, signals and signage.
- Maintain the existing drainage facilities including the creeks channels and stormdrain system.
- Provide services including final/parcel maps, plan review and inspections for development projects.
- Design and administer the construction of Capital Improvement Projects.
- Issue and inspect encroachment and grading permits.
- Approve and inspect off-site improvements installed by private developers.
- Administrate transportation funds and grant funds.
- Assessment Districts.
Storm Water Management
The Town is currently implementing the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) General Permit with the California Regional Water Quality Control Board covering Discharge of Storm Water from Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4).
This program is broken down into the following topics:
- Public Education and Outreach
- Public Involvement/Participation
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Construction Site Storm Water Runoff Control
- Post Construction Storm Water Management
- Pollution Prevention/Good Housekeeping for Municipal Operations
- Monitoring and Reporting
Staff discusses traffic issues with the Traffic Safety Committee made up of the Sheriff’s Department, Loomis Fire Department and a resident volunteer.
The Traffic Signal Maintenance is provided by the Town’s Contractor.
This Department provides the following information:
- Speed Limits
- Traffic Signage
- Traffic Volumes
- Truck Routes
- Future Traffic Signals
- Accident Rates
- Bike Master Plan
Any grading over 50 cubic yards or within a riparian area or clearing over 1 acre requires a grading permit in the Town of Loomis. More specific information can be found under the Loomis Municipal Code, Section 12.04.