Are accessory structures permitted on my property?

Accessory structures, like sheds, gazebos, pergolas, car ports etc., are things that are built as an accessory to the main building, such as a residence. As with the house, there are rules and guidelines that apply, such as size (anything over 120 sq. feet requires a Building permit), placement (needs to comply with setbacks, how far from the property line, the main structure, utilities, etc.), improvements such as electrical or plumbing (which would require a Building Permit), and lot coverage (when combined with other structures may exceed the allowable use of space).

For any questions regarding accessory structures, please contact Planning Assistant Sarah Jennings.

Close window