FAQ Topic: grading

How many yards can I grade without obtaining a grading permit?

Any grading over 50 cubic yards or within a riparian area or clearing over 1 acre requires a grading permit in the Town of Loomis. More specific information can be found under the Loomis Municipal Code, Section 12.04. Please refer to theĀ Engineer FormsĀ for grading permits.

Why do I need to obtain a grading permit?

There are many factors that determine why a grading permit is necessary. Resculpting of the land can have damaging impact with water flow, run-off into creeks and other waterways, and have overall unintended consequences. This includes drainage pipes, roadways or crossings, vegetation management, etc. Prior to any work starting, it is important to check with … Continued

Close window