The Public Works Department plays a vital role in providing a myriad of Town services to promote quality of life for the Town of Loomis. Our goal is to implement efficient and cost effective services to preserve and enhance our Town streets and bike paths, as well as promote sustainable programs to preserve our environment.
Responsibilities and services provided by the Public Works Department:
- Maintain the existing streets including the paving, signals and signage.
- Maintain the existing drainage facilities including the creeks channels and stormdrain system.
- Provide services including final/parcel maps, plan review and inspections for development projects.
- Design and administer the construction of Capital Improvement Projects.
- Issue and inspect encroachment and grading permits.
- Approve and inspect off-site improvements installed by private developers.
- Administrate transportation funds and grant funds.
- Assessment Districts.